Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2013 Begins!

So, I'm beginning 2013, trying to eliminate meat while transitioning to a vegan lifestyle.  I wonder now how this will change the course of my life.  It seems like a small thing...what you eat, but I believe that sometimes it's the small choices that have a much larger impact in your life.

I've been playing with recipes for our potential vegan pancake business.  It's nice to see my aunt excited, and the idea does let me play with something I love to do. I'm not sure where the idea will ultimately lead us, but if it gives me an opportunity to play in the kitchen, why not?  It may sound strange, but I would prefer to be living a vegan lifestyle before embarking publicly on selling a vegan product.  I guess it feels more genuine.

The exciting thing is that my first recipe that I made completely on my own was a big hit at the initial tasting.  My aunt raved about the syrup especially...it was beautiful, complex, and one guy said he'd buy 5 jars as soon as we started to sell.  I suppose it's my desire to be a good host, and it made me really happy that some of the tasters really liked it.  Now, I need to keep working on additional flavors to make for our first large testing in about a month...and of course, to make sure that every item going into the product is vegan.

Deanna said a few years ago that she really believe things will finally come together for me in 2013.  There's a part of me that thinks she's right...except that I do get the feeling it will be in the autumn rather than spring.  It's nice to have a bit of hope for my dreams.

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.
C.S. Lewis

Weight: 233
Not great at all, but we shall see what the diet change does.

No comments: